What is Software development?
Software development is the process of con ceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.
Software development plays a vital role in the success of your business. Whether its online business or a local shop working through a POS.
Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ):
- System Investigation : First the IT system proposal is investigated. During this step, consider all current priorities that would be affected and how they should be handled. Before any system planning is done, a feasibility study should be conducted to determine if creating a new or improved system is a viable solution. This will help to determine the costs, benefits, resource requirements, and specific user needs required for completion. The development process can only continue once management approves of the recommendations from the feasibility study.
- Analysis : The goal of analysis is to determine where the problem is, in an attempt to fix the system. This step involves breaking down the system in different pieces to analyze the situation, analyzing project goals, breaking down what needs to be created, and attempting to engage users so that definite requirements can be defined.
- Design : In systems design, the design functions and operations are described in detail, including screen layouts, business rules, process diagrams, and other documentation. The output of this stage will describe the new system as a collection of modules or subsystems.
The design stage takes as its initial input the requirements identified in the approved requirements document. For each requirement, a set of one or more design elements will be produced as a result of interviews, workshops, and/or prototype efforts.
- Development : After the design and analysis is done we move with the development of the Software.
- Testing : After the complete development phase is completed we move next to the testing phase that allows our in-house team to review the project and test the modules done. That ensures when the product is released to the end users it works with high quality and UX/UI for customers.
- Training and Transition: Once a system has been stabilized through adequate testing, the SDLC ensures that proper training on the system is performed or documented before transitioning the system to its support staff and end users. Training usually covers operational training for tho
- Operations and Maintenance: The deployment of the system includes various changes and enhancements before the decommissioning or sunset of the system. Maintaining the system is a very important aspect of SDLC. As key personnel change positions in the organization, new changes will be im
- Evaluation: The final phase of the SDLC is to measure the effectiveness of the system and evaluate potential enhancements.
At Endurance Softwares we ensure that every software we develope it go through all the above phases and our customer are happy with it.